Spot Removal Tips
Whether they are droplets or disasters, food and beverage stains are part of everybody’s life. However, you don´t have to be stuck with them forever. Read through our tips and suggestions below to learn how best to rid your carpet of the worst stains. If your carpet has been treated with Chem-Dry´s Powerguard Protectant then you already have a huge advantage in preventing stains from setting.
- Act Quickly – The longer the stain is allowed to remain, the more chance it has to set. Remember wool carpets are a natural fibre which can absorb stains easily – making it difficult to remove.
- Know what kind of stain you are working on as well as the type of fabric or surface it is on, so you can choose the best product. View the list below to see which product to use for water or oil based spots.
- Remove as much excess stain as you can by blotting, scraping or brushing whatever will come off. DO NOT rub it in! By pushing the offending spill deeper into the carpet fibres – you risk having the spill settle into the underlay. This can also happen by saturating the area with water and moving the stain into the underlay.
- Test all fabrics and carpets before cleaning by spraying a small amount of Chem-Dry Professional Strength Spot Remover or Chem-Dry Grease & Oil Remover on a hidden area, blot dry and observe for 10 minutes. Make sure there is no removal of colour from the carpet onto the cloth and that, when dry, there is not a visible discoloration in the area you cleaned.
- Work from the outside edge of the stain to the inside to keep the stain from spreading.
- Call Chem-Dry for expert spot & stain removal if these efforts do not remove the stain completely.
- Have a Chem-Dry Professional apply our Powerguard Protector with every cleaning to give you the best chance for removing stains. This product helps by providing a barrier between the carpet fibres and dirt & spills.
Stain Protection for Carpets
Stain resistant carpets are common place in the markets today. They offer peace of mind that accidental spills are no longer a problem. With regular wear over time, these stain resistant properties applied at the factory will lose their effectiveness – leaving you exposed to the possibility of a stain setting in your carpets.
ChemDry Carpet Solutions offers superior carpet protection with our PowerGuard Protectant. Loaded with acid-dye resistors to give excellent stain resistance, its distinctive polymer base also makes it the best protector for solution dyed carpets like olefin & polyester. According to laboratory testing, PowerGuard outperforms all other protectants when combined with The Natural®.